At duoveo, our principal mission is to help you live a better, and healthier life. You should feel at peace, knowing that our team will handle your data with care. We strive to be transparent with our collection, use, storage and sharing of your private information. Should you have any questions, concerns or feedback, feel free to reach out to our friendly customer service representatives by emailing us at [email protected] or our data privacy team at [email protected].
In this document, we will describe the privacy practices for our applications, websites, apis, products and Services (“Services”). By using our Services, you consent to the data practices described in this policy.
Note: Children under sixteen years old. duoveo does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of sixteen. If you are under the age of sixteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use our Services. Parents who believe that their child has submitted personal information to us and would like to have that information deleted, should contact us at [email protected]
Information we collect
In order to setup your account, we collect various information from you such as
- First and last names, email address, duoveo account password (if you chose to authenticate directly with duoveo). In the case you sign-up with a third-party authentication provider like Apple, Facebook, Google, we will collect information like your Apple login email address and your Apple public profile, including first and last names.
- Date of birth, gender, weight, height, fitness level
- e-mail address
When using our Services
- Various data relevant to the activities you wish for us to report on, such as steps, calories, GPS location, and time spent on the activity, as well as your associated goals. The data collected depends on the activities and devices you use.
- E-mail address, phone numbers, messages, and names of friends you choose to share your activities information with.
- When purchasing Services from us, order, billing, and payment information.
- We also collect data about the devices and computers you use to interact with our Services, including browser type, IP address, device model, operating system, application version, device and application identifiers, the referring web page, web pages or application screens visited, location (depending on the permissions you have granted us), and cookie information.
- To present you with more personalized services, we collect or deduce personal identifiers, demographic information, biometric information, electronic information, geolocation data, and visual information such as uploaded photos and videos. We will additionally collect and process information you willingly provide about your friends, messages exchanged, and your daily life such as food and sleep logs. This information allows us to draw inferences like calories burned, distance traveled, sleep insights, and progress towards your personal goals.
How we use your data
duoveo will collect, use and share your private data in the course rendering, personalizing, improving our Services, and developing or promoting new service via the “Unsubscribe” link in an email.offerings. We will also share information to promote safety and security. An example is when we verify your identity with Apple, Google, Facebook (if you decide to sign-up with these authenticating Services).
We may use the data you share in order to operate and provide you with personalized Services. For instance, we would use your GPS locations, to help place you on a trail map, trace your path, and record photos and videos you took along the hike. When you decide to send your hike details with your friends, we would share the necessary information with them.
duoveo may need to share data with trusted partners to help perform Services for you, on behalf of duoveo. For instance, in order to deliver a device you ordered, we would need to disclose order details and delivery information with our partners.
duoveo may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, process payments or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these Services to duoveo, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. Regarding duoveo electronic communications, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link in the email.
It is our policy to not sell, rent or lease our customer lists with third parties. Duoveo will however, disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on duoveo or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of duoveo; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of duoveo, or the public.
Important note: Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through duoveo’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
duoveo encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from duoveo so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. duoveo is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the duoveo website.
The duoveo website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize duoveo pages, or register with duoveo site or Services, a cookie helps duoveo to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on.
When you return to the same duoveo website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the duoveo features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the duoveo Services or websites you visit.
Keeping your information safe
We do our best to protect your personal information. We use a combination of technical, administrative and physical controls. This includes using encryption when saving your data into storage, and using secure transport protocols when transmitting your data. If you have any security-related concerns, you may contact us to [email protected]
Requesting access to, corrections or deletion of your data
By logging into your account on our website or application, you can view or edit most of your personal information including name, email address, mailing address, health related information, and goals. You also have the ability to delete your account by going to General Settings and then selecting “Delete Account”. While the process usually takes 15 days, it may take up to 90 days to delete all your information.
How to reach
Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you require additional access to your personal data.